Thursday, March 15, 2007

New life

Today a new little one was born in my extended family! Welcome to the world, Gideon Ray! So glad you could finally make your entrance into the world. You've got a special big brother, too.

I've been thinking about life...it's such a cycle, you know. We are born, we live for a few years or many years, and then we go on to the life hereafter. I think about my great-nieces and great-nephews being born, and it's bittersweet. I love holding them, playing with them, making them smile. It means, however, that I'm getting older (in years). It won't be too many more years before I'm the oldest generation in my family...and that makes me sad. However, this is what I've decided...I'm going to live life to the fullest. I'm going to laugh and love without abandon. I'm going to cherish the moments with family and friends.

No comments: