Thursday, September 6, 2007

Birthday!!!




Tonight was a celebration of Ethan's birthday (Sept. 5) and Grandma Yoder's birthday (Sept. 6). We had a combined cake...something we have not done before...to celebrate the both of them. Mom turned 73 today and Ethan turned 11 yesterday. We sat outside on our patio, and we enjoyed the cool breezes after a very warm day. This morning we went out for breakfast to celebrate mom's birthday. It was a friend, Ann, and my sisters Maggie and Judith plus me. The kids stayed home and did their schoolwork...mean mom that I am! We didn't think mom would see this birthday so we made sure to celebrate it. My dad called me from work today and had me pick up 6 red roses for mom...made tears come to my eyes to think about how special it is to have a dad who still loves his wife...so many people don't know what it's like to have parents that still love each other after 50+ years. We are a blessed family!

No comments: