Thursday, September 20, 2007

More Apple Sauce!

Ugh! I think I almost have it coming out my ears! Yesterday we did apple sauce with some of our homeschool friends from the Harrisburg area. We did 2 1/2 bushels of apples. It was a long day. It took us from 1:30 to about 4:30 to get the apples cooked, cut, and mashed, and jarred. The canning took a little longer. It was a fun day though. Afterwards I went to the Gratz fair to help at a stand for the Northern Dauphin Revitalization Program. I worked with Alan Dakey and Bob Klinger. I thought it was rather interesting how when I gave them a hand shake when I walked up, they gave "wet fish" hand shakes. They weren't very strong and so I felt bad because I felt like I almost crushed their hands. So, then when I left, I got firm handshakes. I was rather amused.

2 comments:

Tim Ford said...

we like applesauce! Are you coming to Cedarville anytime soon??

Andrea said...

Hey Lady,
Thanks for your blog site.
It was great to see you on Saturday. I hope that you have a great day.
Andrea