Monday, October 22, 2007

Trail Ride and Bridal Shower

Yesterday I had a wonderful trail ride! I left church and then went across the road to the farm where I have my horse to get ready for a 3 hour trail ride. It was so much fun! We went down the fence line and into the hollow. Then we went up the hollow and on the road for about a quarter to half a mile until we reached the Ned Smith Center railroad bed. There used to be a rail road that ran thru it but now the tracks have been torn out and it is used for hiking, four wheeling, horse back riding, and so much more. We took the Woodside Station Road trail up .7 miles to the top of the mountian. After that we took the Berry Mountain Trail across .7 miles to the power lines. The veiw was tremenous! We ended up going half way to my house. If it wasn't for the tops of the trees, I coulda seen my house. We saw the storage units right down from us as plain as day. I was amazed. It was beautiful up there though. I haven't seen something that nice in a long time. So we ate our lunch and then headed down the mountian. We took several trails to the bottom. I must say though that I took my riding to the next level. We went down hills that were on a 75 degree angle. It was so much fun though. Chaver's feet were bothering him though. When I went to take him out he was limping, then I got on him and he was fine. I think it's because he just got reshod so one of the nails might be a little tender on his feet.

We had a bridal shower at the barn for a lady named Jamie who is getting married on the 3rd of November. She is really sweet and she was so surprised. She was told that she was going to a surprise party for Shelby. Well, she walked in the barn door and we all holler "Surprise Jamie" and she looked at Shelby and hollered "Surprise" and then Shelby said, "No, Surprise" and then she got it and got so embarrassed and was so surprised that it was worth all the 15 seconds of confusion. :D We stayed up and had a bonfire and watched a movie. I wasn't really all that tired so I was the only one to last thru the whole movie. So I finally got to sleep at 2 am. I got up ag 7:30 am to get ready for church and then come back for a trail ride. It was so much fun though. We played horse oriented games. The cake was really good. The icing was more of a cool whipped icing than a frosting or a sweet icing. It was so good.

No comments: